STATE AND LOCAL TAX TECHNICAL SERVICES
These services may entail:
- Articles, blog posts and other state tax technical material for news organizations
- Memos: research and written analysis of your SALT question in the form of a memo
- Audit Defense Consultation: review of your situation in detail, obtain and review documents, conduct research and provide guidance regarding options to resolve
- Audit Defense Representation: written audit protest on your behalf and representation when contacted by the state with questions, follow-up, etc.
- Thought Leadership: research and written Alerts which you can distribute externally (to the public); state and local tax blog posts to be used on your firm's blog; research and written materials for your speaking engagements, webinars, or articles for industry and trade journals, etc.
- On-call, on-demand phone call and e-mail access to an experienced SALT professional
- Receiving guidance, advice, confirmation and second opinions to your SALT questions
- Obtaining a review of your SALT research by an experienced SALT professional
- Receiving timely responses in the form of an e-mail or phone call, based on your preference
All services may pertain to any state and to the following tax types: income tax, franchise tax, gross receipts tax, and sales and use tax.
Fees are determined on a customized basis between Brian and the client for each unique project. Some projects may require fees to be based on a per hour or per article basis. Some services may be provided on a fixed, flat-fee basis per month or per project. Please contact Brian to discuss your project.