I am also the author of a weekly column in Tax Analysts State Tax Notes entitled, "The SALT Effect."
- Almost 20 years of state and local tax professional experience serving start-up companies, middle market companies, and Fortune 500 companies
- Author of one of the first state and local tax blogs ("LEVERAGE | SALT") (started in 2009)
- Development of a large network of nationwide state and local tax professionals regardless of firm
- National Tax Office experience
I started my career (in 1995) working at a Fortune 500 company managing the state income tax function (provision, planning, compliance, and controversy) for a large consolidated group of companies operating in almost every state. I then gained federal tax experience working at another Fortune 500 company and regional accounting firms. I eventually became the accounting methods and inventory technical leader in the national tax office of a national accounting firm. After gaining in-depth experience on the federal tax side, I ventured back into the state tax area by creating and leading an internal state and local tax group at a national real estate developer/construction contractor. I also served as a state and local tax office leader at a large regional firm in Minnesota and Big 4 accounting firm in Virginia. Prior to starting LEVERAGE SALT, LLC, I served as a state and local tax practice leader in Washington D.C. for a large regional firm with offices in the Midwest and East Coast.
Click on CLIENT RESULTS to view a sample of how I have helped companies.
- Millikin University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Washington School of Law, Masters of Science in Taxation
My dad died on 3/11/08 after a nine-month battle with lung cancer. My dad never smoked a day in his life. The doctors said he got lung cancer from second-hand smoke. He was only 66 years old. Don't smoke!